Wednesday 10 January 2007

Save 23 Amber Road Campaign Blogged!


Edoraye has written about the Campaign to Save 23 Amber Road at her blog, Many Degrees Off the Equator.

The whole article is really worth reading, and here’s a taster:

“I believe that in the course of keeping up with the times, our society should not run the risk of becoming overly modernized and culturally sterile. After all, even the newest of buildings which we build today will someday become old but the oldest of buildings we preserve today will always remain fondly in style in the years to come. Some day, when I walk along the streets of Mountbatten with my children, I will tell them stories of my childhood and that of my parents, my grandparents and my great grandparents. And I pray that we will be able to stop by the Cashin Mansion to awe at how far Singapore has come to be the great nation it is and the place we affectionately call 'Home'.”

No comments: